Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 4:30PM
Phone Number: 850-482-9552
Walk-In Status: Walk-ins Welcome. No appointments necessary.

A passport, on average, will take a minimum of Six to eight weeks (two to three weeks expedited), to be delivered to you from the time the National Passport Processing Center (NPPC) receives the completed application.

The passport will be mailed directly from the NPPC to the address you provide. Expedited service is available for an additional fee plus overnight delivery charges. You may check the status of a pending passport through the U.S. Department of State’s National Passport Information Center (NPIC), online: www.travel.state.gov or by phone: (877) 487-2778, for TDD: (888) 874-7793. The forms mentioned here are also available on the NPIC website and the Clerk’s office.

For persons age 16 and older, passports are valid for 10 years. For persons younger than 16, passports are valid for 5 years.

All persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean and/or Bermuda will be required to present a VALID PASSPORT BOOK, Air NEXUS card, U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, If applicable.

Fillout and Print passport application on-line

Passport Card
The wallet-size passport card is convenient and less expensive than the passport book. However, the U.S. Passport Card cannot be used for international air travel. This new travel document can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and/or Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry.

Requirements For A Passport Book And/Or Card:

  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship*
  • Proof of Identity**
  • Social Security number ( regardless of age )
  • Two passport photos***
  • Unsigned DS-11 passport application
  • Payment – YOU WILL NEED 2 CHECKS! One payable
    to the U.S. Department of State and one payable to
    the Clerk Of The Court.

* A previous U.S. passport, a certified government-issued birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, a naturalization certificate, or a certificate of citizenship is valid proof of citizenship

** A previous U.S. passport, a naturalization certificate, certificate of citizenship, or a current valid driver’s license, government or military I.D. is valid proof of identity. A social Security card, Voter Registration card or military discharge papers are NOT ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF IDENTITY!

*** Two identical, color, 2×2 inch photos with a full face, front view between one inch and 1 3/8 inch from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head, on a white or off-white background, taken within the past six months, showing current appearance are required.

Passports For Children
To apply for a U.S. passport for a child age 15 and younger, BOTH parents or legal guardians MUST appear in person with the child, OR provide either a notarized consent form that indicates both agree to the issuance of a passport for the child or proof that the parent has sole authority to obtain the passport. You must provide current, valid identification and proof of your relationship to the child, who must also appear in person.
If only one parent or guardian can appear, we can provide a statement of consent ( DS-3053 ) for the absent parent to fill out, have notarized and send a front and back copy of their driver’s license. This document must be provided at the time the application is applied for.

If the passport was issued on or after the 16th birthday, was issued less than 15 years ago, your name is the same or you can produce name-change documentation, and the passport itself is still in good physical condition with the photo intact, the passport may qualify for renewal.
Form DS-82 must be completed to apply for a renewal.

Lost Or Stolen Passports
Report lost or stolen passport immediately!
Complete the Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, Form DS-64, available on the NPIC website
or in the Clerk’s office. Thenyou may do either of the following:

  • If you choose to apply for a new passport, you must appear in person at the Clerk’s office, Passport Acceptance Facility or Department of State Passport Agency with both the DS-64 and a completed, unsigned Form DS-11.
  • If you choose NOT to apply for a new passport, complete the DS-64 and mail it to:
    U.S. Department Of State, Passport Services
    Consular Lost/Stolen Passport Section
    1111 19th Street N.W., Ste. 500
    Washington, D.C. 20036

PLEASE DO NOT mail your new passport application to this address. You MUST appear in person for a new passport.

All Passport related forms:

  • DS-11  Application for a U.S. Passport (for all first-time applicants, all minors, and applicants who are not eligible to use the DS-82)
  • DS-64  Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport
  • DS-82  U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals (By Mail)
  • DS-86  Statement of Non-Receipt of a U.S. Passpor
  • DS-3053  Statement of Consent – Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16
  • DS5504 Application for a U.S. Passport – Corrections, Name Change within 1 Year of Passport Issuance, and Limited Passport Holders
  • DS-5525 Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances – For Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16

For more information on any of these services, please call Passport Services at (850) 482-9552.